Sunday 22 June 2014

Switching allegiance

Bosnia are out of the cup already!! Iran still have a faint chance so I think I'll get behind them. I hope Iran wins and loads of Iranians go crazy and drink illicit booze and play punk records and hold hands with the opposite sex and all that. I reckon Salvador will be full of Iranians going for it, leaving the headscarf in the hotel room and knocking back a few caipirinhas. Essentially I am making a drunk hipster neocon case for supporting Iran.

Brazil is exceeding expectations, although I am looking forward to heading up the coast to Salvador as it is definitely winter in São Paulo.

PS newspaper cartoon in Fohla de São Paulo: "Uruguay has done in 90 mins what Argentina could not do in 200 years: kick out the English pirates". Oooooh!


3 comments:

  1. Looking forward to hearing about the game! Did you switch allegiance back?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Definitely up for going to Russia for WC 2018. Any takers?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If no visas required and we do it by train, yes,

      Delete