Tuesday 10 June 2014

Interview tomorrow

Interview tomorrow with a PR agency in Bristol - not a particularly fantastic opportunity but worth the practice. So far job searching is great out west, there are consultants who actually find vacancies for you and give you tips etc. Interest from two agencies so far although I can tell one has the wrong idea about me, I don't see it working. They think because I have been freelancing that I will have loads of contacts and clients that I can bring to them, when in fact I have really been working as a remote worker more than a proper freelancer. I don't know anyone!!

It's a good reminder that this isn't necessarily going to be easy just because I'm leaving London, there are certain gaps that I need to account for - particularly, the fact that all the work I've done pretty much has been in Asia, and in six years as a PR I've probably picked up the phone to journalists less than 20 times. Someone more junior always did it for me. A nice editorial job would probably be more up my street, but I'm not sure if they exist or exactly what they are - will take a closer look after the WC. I fly pretty much this time next week! I have a strange mix of nerves right now, partly job interview, partly World Cup, partly from a heavy weekend. To be honest I would have been just as happy to leave the whole first interview thing until after the WC but fuck it, what can you do.



Went to Stratford Westfield with Jess to buy some shorts and some summer shoes that I can wear without socks (those bullshit ankle socks always slip under my feet and drive me mental). Bought some shoes from Aldo that appear to be made of cardboard, glue and linen, not sure how long they will last - they might be espadrilles, I don't know the terminology. Had a can of Ting and some tortilla chips with Jess in the Las Iguanas overlooking the Olympic Stadium, getting in the Brazilian mood. I like the Westfield, it's kind of relaxing compared to Oxford Street or wherever.

God I love how boring this blog post is! Feels like a good sign.



No comments:

Post a Comment