Friday 9 May 2014

Cabbage on the counter


Updates

Sauerkraut: red cabbage chopped in bowl, salted, on kitchen counter, waiting for it to wilt a little

Afrobics: revenge for colonialism, I can barely walk today

Hospital tests: all clear, also learned that I have normal cholesterol

Food bank: walking down there in an hour, looking forward to it

Thought for the Day: Jake and I were talking about jobs and life during a nice Thames walk on Bank Holiday Monday, one thought that came up and has stayed with me is, what if your talents and skills, i.e. the things you are supposed to hone and develop and thus fulfil your potential, are actually dangerous to both yourself and society? Research, conceptual thinking, writing - are these not incredibly dangerous in the wrong hands, or rather, applied to the wrong projects?

Alcohol: Tried the "5:2" line last night at my mate Dan's house, it worked although it was an easy environment, we were just working on some music. Got home and Jess had people round, so I ended up drinking half a bottle of wine and a can of Carlsberg. Left the final can in the fridge, whereas before I would have finished it out of "neatness". Baby steps!


No comments:

Post a Comment